13 October 2008

The Pregnant Pause: Deborah Knight

Amanda Jephtha writes.

Deborah Knight is the co-anchor of Sydney’s Ten News at Five and a regular host of Meet the Press.

Pregnant with her first child, Deborah and her husband Lindsay have spoken publicly about their IVF treatment. They hope their story will encourage others to continue the often arduous and anxious IVF ride.

I asked Deborah to complete The Pregnant Pause statements, giving us a little snippet into her unique journey to motherhood.

Being pregnant is…
...full of surprises, and ongoing nerves. I thought the anxiousness would ease the larger you grew, but the worry doesn't seem to lift. The joy of having this little life growing inside far outweighs any negatives though. It truly is a miracle.


The thought of birth…
... is very surreal. It's still some way off, and feels a bit abstract at the moment. But I can't wait to meet this little person.


I’m most looking forward to…
... meeting this little person. I've waited so long, and tried so hard to create him/her, that I can't wait to see what he/she's like.


I’m least looking forward to…
... changing nappies, and dealing with sticky fingers. Why are kids so sticky? And I think returning to work after spending time with the bub will be terrible.


My belly is…
... more rotund, but not too large yet. I feel like I've eaten too much all the time, but I can't wait to see a more prominent bump.




5 comments:

icklekids said...

Very sweet ... it brings me back to when I was pregnant with my two boys. I honestly loved every minute of it ... I was very lucky. I remember all those feelings that Deborah has described ... what an amazing journey lies ahead for her.

Anonymous said...

beautifully written and what a jouyous journey.... wishing a wonderful experience elizabeth xx

Bec said...

I'm really excited for Deborah, and it gives people like myself who are still going through the IVF process hope that it can really happen. Good luck Deborah xxx

Anonymous said...

Deb and Lindsay welcomed a baby boy Darcy William Dunbar on thursday 26th feb:)
congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Deborah & Lindsay I am so so happy for you we have 2 special IVF created babies, I know exactly what you went through and its such a trill to hold your bub in your arms after all the stress and anxiety. Bee